You are here
Company or organisation
Are our key-values “equitable”, “sustainable” and “participatory” compatible with the ethics of your organisation or company?
Does “Corporate Social Responsibility” govern the overall dynamics of your company or organisation? Are co-creation, patronage and cooperation for sustainable development part of this philosophy? Does our Partnership policy document for companies and organisations meet with your approval? If yes, then we would be honoured to present our programmes to your board of directors, staff members and/or shareholders. Please do not hesitate and contact our External Relations & Communications staff member (marc.despiegelaere[AT]protos.ngo - 09 235 25 17).
A partnership for 3 to 5 years
Together with your company or organisation, we aim at establishing a long-term partnership beneficial to all parties involved. Ideally, we like to opt for financial partnerships committed to a specific project for a 3 to 5 year period (the average duration of our programmes). Protos commits to reporting regularly on the implementation of the project, so you in turn can provide feedback to your employees, shareholders, business partners, etc… . If you wish, sharing our logos on our respective websites, accompanied by a short motivational note, is also possible.
For more information, please do not hesitate to read our model partnership agreement.
Programmes in need of co-financing
Listed below are a number of specific programmes in need of co-financing. For more information, please click on the link, or contact our staff member at our External Relations & Communications desk (marc.despiegelaere[AT]protos.ngo – 09 235 25 17). At your request, we will gladly meet with you, your sponsors and patrons to present our projects and discuss the possible terms of an agreement.
- Mali: Food Security in Nioro and Nara
- Madagascar: Drinking water, hygiene and sanitation in the Central Plateau
Knowledge and expertise
Donating by sharing or transferring specific knowledge and expertise can add a valuable extra dimension to our partnership and create a dynamic interaction with our partners in the South. However, please do keep in mind that Protos is primarily active in areas without electrical current and that we rely on sturdy technical installations capable of being powered by eitherhuman energy or the principles of gravity. The sustainability of the projects depends on this.
Nevertheless, transferring knowledge and expertise can be very beneficial. Integrated water resources management; monitoring of ground water levels; availability and use of GIS-maps; up-to-date techniques for irrigation, sanitation and leak detection in water mains; management skills for operating drinking water and irrigation systems; etc… all these are just a few of the areas where our partners in the South are in need of knowledge to ensure an equitable, sustainable and participatory water management.
Whenever beneficial to our partners in the South, it will therefore be a pleasure to add the section “transfer of knowledge” to our partnership agreement.
Should you have a preference for sponsoring rather than a long-term partnership, then you can contribute in several other ways to the activities of Protos.
- We regularly publish brochures in several languages on issues related to our core activities. Target groups are governments, NGOs, civil society organisations and stakeholders in the water sector in North and South. We look for sponsors to cover the translation and printing costs.
- To build awareness and public support we regularly organisespecific events such as World Water Day (22 March) and Global Handwashing Day (15 October). Here too, cost-covering sponsorship is most welcome.
- Every three years, we organise a seminar/congress for a specific target group, and every four to five years, we arrange a partner congress for our partners in the South. As we wish to keep participation fees affordable, especially for our colleagues from the South, sponsoring is also needed for these important congresses.
- Is your company or organisation interested in sponsoring a specific event or activity? Please do not hesitate and contact our staff member at our External Relations & Communications desk (marc.despiegelaere[AT]protos.ngo – 09 235 25 17).
Sponsoring companies and organisations
Listed below you will find those companies and organisations who agreed to have their logo and name published and are presently sponsoring Protos programmes.